
First Ryan took me to my favorite...Mo's Clam Chowder... FAMILY size chowder for two. Then we stayed at Worldmark at the Seaside Prom. Walked on the beach, shopped at Costco for Ry's hunting trip (I love going to Costco for any reason) then hiked Saddle Mountain!

Here we are at the trailhead...2.5 miles up!!!! 3280 at the summit

Started out easy enough for the first two miles!

The amazing views caused me to take lots of pictures...although for some may have confuzed that with frequent rest stops...but Ry wasn't complaining.

Here is where the trail got really really tough! We're now out of the shade & mostly hiking straght up! Good thing I was highly motivated to do this or it would have been easy to quit.


After 65 minutes of hiking, we made it! We watched the clouds rise up the side of the mountain. It was super silent & we could actually HEAR the birds flying! The wind would whistle as they dive bombed for the fun of it. Not something you see everyday. Amazing views from the top, but disappointed I didn't get to see Astoria...cloudy in only that direction...imagine that! I told Ryan I will just have to hike it again another day! Now that we know what to expect, it should be easier.

The blister I got on my heel was made better because of the dinner we ate at
"Camp 18" Look at this bar made out of HUGE old growth!
I'd say Ryan made my b-day very special!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment